hamburger close
landlord resources
Home Landlord Landlord insurance

Insurance for Landlords

We understand that you want protection for your property and your furniture in the unlikely event that accidental damage occurs and we now work with property insurance experts to provide affordable solutions for our landlords.

Policies we offer

We offer contents and building insurance solutions.

What is Landlords Insurance?

Landlords Insurance provides financial protection for landlords renting a property to tenants. It differs from Home Insurance by covering the additional risks associated with renting a property.

What are the costs

The cost of Landlord Insurance depend the level of cover you choose.

What types of Cover are there?
  • Contents only insurance;
  • Building and contents insurance;
  • Buildings only insurance;
  • Landlords’ Liability insurance;
  • Landlord's Emergency Assistance Insurance;
  • Portfolio insurance for landlords who own a multiple property portfolio.

Contents Insurance

Landlords’ Contents Insurance cover protects belongings that you provide for your tenants to use whilst in your property.

There are 2 levels of cover:

  • Limited Contents Insurance which provides up to £5,000 of cover for a limited range of household items; and
  • Full Contents Insurance, which offers a much more comprehensive cover level, from £10,000.

Our contents policies include Employers Liability, Legal Liability, and Loss of Rent or alternative accommodation costs if your tenants have to move out following an insured event. The Full Contents Policy includes Emergency Assistance.

Buildings Insurance

Landlords’ Buildings Insurance cover you against a range of disasters such as fires, lightening, storms, floods and earthquakes, as well as an escape of water or oil, falling trees or branches, collision by vehicles and more. Our Landlord Buildings Insurance also includes Emergency Assistance Cover as standard.

Landlords Liability Insurance

Accidents can happen and Landlords Liability insurance protects you from the costs of injury or damage claims brought by third parties such as tenants, visitors or cleaners.

Our liability cover includes legal liability as owner up to £5 million, occupier’s legal liability and worldwide personal liability up to £5 million, public liability up to £5 million and employers liability up to £10 million.

Landlord's Emergency Assistance Insurance

Landlord's Emergency Assistance Insurance is included as standard within a Buildings or Full Contents Policies but can be purchased as a standalone policy if you prefer.

It gives you and your tenants’ access to a 24 hour helpline in an emergency and if purchased as a standalone product. This covers up to a maximum of £1500 per policy term and a maximum of £500 for each claim.

Portfolio Insurance - if you own 2 or more Properties?

We offer Landlord Portfolio insurance for those landlords with a number of properties which help you manage everything on one policy.

Our Landlord Portfolio Insurance includes:

  • Single policy and renewal date
  • Add or remove properties as your portfolio changes
  • Loss of rent cover following insured damage (up to 30% of the sum insured)
  • No restriction on unoccupied properties (up to 90 days)
  • £5m property owner's liability and £10m employer's liability for extra reassurance.
  • Cover for the rebuild of your property following loss or damage caused by:
  • fire, lightning, earthquake, storm or flood
  • escape of water or oil damage
  • collision by aircraft, vehicles or animals
  • falling trees or branches
  • theft by forcible means
  • subsidence, landslip or heave
  • riot or civil commotion.
Want to Know More or take out insurance?

Find more information or get a quote here

NOTE: Insurance is provided by Homelet and not Benham and Reeves.
HomeLet is a trading name of Barbon Insurance Group Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation.

Want to calculate your rental yield?

Try our calculator

Speak to one of our experts

Our well-trained lettings teams are on-hand across London to help you.

How much is your property worth?

Free online valuation Free online valuation


London's rental hotspots: Wembley's Grand Union and Southall's The Green Quarter

In the ever-evolving landscape of Greater London's property market, two distinct areas, Wembley and Southall, have emerged as popular rental hotspots, both showing remarkable demand for residential accommodation. Grand Union in Wembley by Berkeley Group's St George and The Green Quarter in Southall, another Berkeley masterplan development, stand out as beacons of modern living, attracting both tenants and investors alike. The Wembley Attraction Known for its iconic stadium and vib...

Read the article

Got more questions? Contact our director

Get in touch